06 September 2014

This week, I went back to work after six weeks of being at home with my newborn daughter. As you can tell, I made it through! Thankfully I went back on a Wednesday so I only had to make it through three days. And being that it was a Wednesday, my husband took care of our daughter, as he will from here on out. His boss is kind enough to let him work on Saturdays so that he can have Wednesdays at home - not that working on Saturdays is better, but it is nice that he can be home one day a week. We are also very lucky to have a friend and a relative watch our daughter the other days of the week. No daycare for us!

The transition was easier than I thought it would be, although I would much rather be at home. Having spent six weeks at home with my little one brought me so much joy and happiness that I started dreaming about becoming a stay-at-home mother - something I never thought I would have desired! I hope to live out that dream someday.

Back to reality. Coworkers wished me "welcome back" when they saw me this week and immediately asked to see pictures. Of course, I didn't hesitate to show them our cute Vie! I was also able to come home during my lunch hour and feed or pump. I'm happy that so far the plan has worked, and that I live close enough to home to be able to walk back and forth so that I can have a little bit of bonding time with my daughter during the day. Plus I get my exercise, so no complaints there :)

I'm curious to find out what these next few weeks will bring in terms of being a working mother. Will the transition become easier? Will some other new opportunities present themselves? I am also curious to find out what the future holds in other areas of my life. Since giving birth, I have felt a new sense of freedom - the ability to return to life as it was before I was pregnant, and also the ability to create a new life - but that's a story for a whole other post entirely!

Thankful for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment