12 September 2014

Falling for Autumn

As the weather begins to cool, I find myself becoming excited for fall. Which, if you know me well, you probably thought you would never hear me say as I have always declared summer my favorite season! Well, I must be growing up because lately I have been ready for the summer heat to end. Perhaps I'm ready for fall because I was pregnant during the summer and didn't go to the beach or lay out in the sun like I usually would have. And, because now I can get back to life and move forward with my lovely little family.

I started making a list the other day of all the things I love about fall. I'm looking forward to participating in some of them. I hope to appreciate the autumn season this year and take the time to create new traditions. I have already decided that this fall I would like to tackle making a pecan pie for the first time! I have never made a pie before, so why not start with a difficult one? ;) Now that life has settled down a bit, I don't think that will be too difficult to accomplish creating new traditions. This time last year, my husband and I were planning our wedding that was just a couple of months away! And now we will have a three and a half month old by then - crazy how the time flies when you have a lot of big life changes :)

Things to love about the fall season:
+ Cooler weather makes for great layering and better fashion
+ The change in the color of the leaves
+ Days spent at the local orchard
+ Delicious apple cider (hot or cold)
+ The beginning of the holiday season
+ Cuddling with blankets, family, good books, and warm drinks
+ Artprize (in Grand Rapids)
+ Our wedding anniversary
+ Football games
+ Warm comfort food

What are some of your favorite things about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment